AN HOUR AGO 4 ways to flirt without saying a word: http://t.co/LHp5svEpre

1 HOURS AGO Meet your new fave murder mystery. Win Famous Last Words, by @KatieAlender today: http://t.co/meJ6kpn5G7 @this_is_teen

2 HOURS AGO Because who doesn't wanna read about British spies?! Enter to win a copy of Dangerous Deceptions from @HMHKids: http://t.co/Eozjo2nZg1

COMMENTS

Help! Life is just too hard

For a while, I felt like I had everything anyone could ever want: awesome friends, no pimples (yay!) and a great family. Then everything changed...

One of my best friends has been really down lately. I know her parents put a ton of pressure on her for school and sports and her art and my friend feels the need to be perfect at everything. Also there is this boy she really likes and EVERYONE knows that she likes him (including the boy) and that he doesn't like her at all (including her). She's been really grumpy lately and a lot of her friends won't hang out with her anymore. She comes to school with dark circles under her eyes and almost never smiles anymore. I'm really worried about her. Is there anything I can do to help her?

Hey girlie,

The first thing I would do is encourage your friend to talk to a guidance counselor, teacher or other trusted adult about what she's going through, because they can help her deal with all of the pressure she's carrying right now and make it easier to deal with. Aside from that, you could show your support by going to her sports games or studying together next time you have a test! You could also make sure to compliment her next time her hair looks awesome or she wears a really cute top. Little actions of support for her will go a long way!

Meghan D.

by Meeshmeesh on 2/4/2013 4:21:13 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD
My mother puts way too much pressure on me. She constantly nags me about my failing Physics grade and hovers over me when she thinks I'm not being productive. She's even threatened to hurt me and take away everything I own. Even when I'm talking about art or something else I like, she'll suddenly interrupt and start bugging me about school. It gets so bad sometimes that I feel like I'm about to puke. This happens a lot because when it does, I don't eat and end up losing weight. I've lost 15 pounds over the course of a few months, and it's all because of her. She's noticed this and now thinks I have an eating disorder. I don't know how to deal with this. Every time I try talking to her I get too intimidated and start crying. Please give me some advice!

Hey girlie, there's nothing wrong with crying when you talk to her. If you're crying while you're telling her how much it hurts you, she'll know that you genuinely mean it and that she's really upsetting you. Hopefully that'll be enough to keep off her back. Work hard in school to bring your grades up to help take a little pressure off too.

Lauren T.

by DarcyAranea on 2/3/2013 8:15:31 PM

I am 13 years old but my parents, well my dad mostly, blocks websites on my computer, channels on the TV, and movies on the xbox. I know he's just trying to keep me safe but say I am looking for a cute new pair of sweats online. I love Victoria Secret sweats but that website is blocked. I can't watch lots of movies on the xbox because they are blocked. I'm not dishonest and I don't want to watch anything inappropriate but my parents need to understand I am growing up so some movies I want to watch may have a scene or two that is inappropriate. I have tried having a discussion about this before but they just won't budge! What do I do?

Hey girlie,

You're right that your parents just want you to be safe because they love you! If you want sweatpants, you could buy them in person or ask your parents to visit the site and buy them for you. And if there are scenes that you even think are inappropriate, it definitely makes sense that your parents don't want you to see them! Maybe you could make a compromise, like that you could watch certain movies if your parents were there. If not, try to respect your parents' decisions--you have your whole life to grow up, so make the most of what you can do now that you won't be able to do when you're older! Have fun with your friends, play games with your fam and enjoy being young, and you'll be able to watch those movies and shop online before you know it Smile

Meghan D.

by nutmeg2009 on 2/2/2013 11:18:03 PM

MOD MOD MOD!
I have liked the same guy for about 4 years and i've known him since i was about 7..... I have considered telling him how i feel but i'm just really afraid because of how things turned out for me last time i told a guy how i felt. But now i think he may actually like me. I'm just really scared i will lose his friendship. How do you tell a guy that you like him when you have known him for 7 years? My friends tell me to wait for him to tell me but i have waited for 4 years! I think he is too shy, he has tried twice before but he got scared. I'm tried of waiting but is it worth the risk?

hey! I don't think so. If you think it would affect your friendship, you shouldn't risk it. But if you think he's mature enough to know how you feel and still be your friend even if he doesn't feel the same way, then you should absolutely tell him.

Helen S.

by ColoredRain541 on 2/2/2013 4:24:42 PM

I never really asked personally for advice because I figured I didnt need it. But now I do. Im 13 and a couple of weeks ago I walked in on my 16-year-old soster and her boyfriend doing 'it.' I got over it, but now it turns out shes pregnant. Its worse for her than it is for me but I dont know how to deal. Im kind of ashamed of her, is that okay? I feel sorry for her but at the same time I dont. I dont know whether I should make a big deal about it or not. Teen pregnancy sucks but she didnt do it safely and this is the price. Any advice?

Hey sleepinginblack, this is a lesson for you too girly. Never rush into anything physical if you're not ready and always use protection. I can understand why you feel that way about your sister. Things happen, but that doesn't mean she isn't the same sister you always had. As long as your sister and her boyfriend are good parents, they should be okay. Hope this helps! Xoxo

Lynae P.

by sinkinginblack on 2/1/2013 5:57:36 PM

MOD MOD MOD!
I have this pretty good guy friend. I've always thought of him as a friend but then i started having dreams about him.... like every single night.... and everyone else thinks he's kinda weird cuz he likes one direction but i think he's rlly sweet..... does it matter what everyone else thinks?

Hey girlie,

I don't think it matters what everyone thinks, especially if it's just about his music taste! If you like spending time with him and he is nice to you, that's all that matters Smile

Meghan D.

by ColoredRain541 on 1/31/2013 6:25:10 PM

MOD MOD MOD!
I found out a few weeks ago that my best friend had gotten her first boyfriend and had kept it secret from ME!! We had a fight and i forgave her but now something else is happening and she seems even sadder and i want to help but she won't tell me whats wrong! she says talking about it will just make her feel worse and she doesn't want to. I just feel rlly hurt that she won't tell me. She also says i havent been there for her lately. I can't be there for her if she doesn't tell me whats wrong! Do i have a right to be angry with her? thanks so much!

Hey Girl, that is frustrating. Supporting her doesn't always mean you have to give her advice about what's bothering her. Just chatting about something like school or boys can be really supportive.

Hannah H.

Hannah H.

by RainbowcoloredRain541 on 1/31/2013 3:28:07 PM

MOD MOD MOD!
In the beginning of my school year, I started out amazing. Good grades, I listend during class, I did my homework and I was nice to people and I had great goals. Now it's visversa. I'm horrible in my classes and I feel really stupid in math, science and social studies. My grades use to be A and B's but I fear it's A, B, C and D's. I sleep during class and I don't go my homework - i copy it from someone. I'm mean to people and rude at times. All the goals I had - I don't want. I'm rude to my teachers. I always waste time instead of doing my homework. Please help me!!
Also - i don't mean to bother but during the summer my older brother was here and he was always making me angry. I use to scream silently untonmy pillow, I use to shut the door and cry or just be angry. I started cracking my head. (Side to side.) And my inner throat. Which looks like I'm twiching. It cracks my head and thorat - it feels good but I get annoyed more. I have temper issues. Please help me!!!!

Hey girl, it's good that you're acknowledging that you're having problems at school.  If you're worried about your grades, speak with your teachers.  Tell them that you feel like you're not doing well and you want to improve.  Ask their advice about how to do better in their classes.  Make some new, manageable goals about school and strive for them.  You can do it!  If you think you might have anger issues, try talking with your school guidance counselor.  Tell them how you've been feeling.  Also, talk with your parents or an adult you trust.  They'll be able to help you come up with ways to get your anger under control and help you start doing well in school again.  Good luck!

Karin E.

by Angelsfall on 1/31/2013 7:40:04 AM

Hey girlie,

There is nothing wrong with you at all, and the right guy will love everything about you and appreciate you for who you are! If you're feeling shaky, I would talk to your mom about seeing your doc in case that is a side effect of any medicine you are taking, but I wouldn't worry about what a future boyfriend would think because the right one will see everything beautiful about you Smile You can also talk to your mom or a guidance counselor about how you're feeling--it will feel great to talk to someone in person.

Meghan D.

by redvelvetluv on 1/28/2013 8:12:31 PM

I am so sorry that you are going through these horrible challenges! Please remember that you are loved by more people than you could ever imagine. Life WILL get better. These challenges will make you a stronger person. Please remember that there is always someone out there who cares deeply for you.

by st8cfab on 1/28/2013 6:32:14 PM