Bridget M.

is modding

AN HOUR AGO The one guy in class who's always blocking when your crush is around: http://t.co/x5eVoNBasu

4 HOURS AGO Betcha never knew THIS could cure your headache: http://t.co/7N2Zvgihsy

5 HOURS AGO The Grinch or Buddy the Elf—which Christmas movie is totally YOU? Take the #quiz to find out: http://t.co/tB7jzg6gnZ

COMMENTS

Fact or fiction: What you need to know about drugs

Before you shrug off National Drug Facts Week as one that doesn’t apply to you, stick with us for just a minute: An increasing number...

MOD MOD MOD!!!!!
Ok, My grandfather and my dad are both alchoholics. I go to Alateen and it helps, but my grandfather verbally abuses me. He says he wants to kill me, and that he hates, me, and he tells me to get out of his house. (My family lives with him.) My mom will not call the police. He scares me. What if he does kick my family out of his house? I'd feel responsible. Please Please Please help mod!

hey! I am really sorry that you're in this hard situation. it's important for you to stay calm and try to be brave, because when fear takes over, it can be hard to think straight and make good choices. First: know that your grandfather's alcoholism is not your fault. Any hurtful things he says are completely untrue, and you are not to blame if he kicks you out of the house. Here are some resources for you if you ever need help and your mom won't call the police:

The Cool Spot

Need to know how much alcohol is in a drink, what alcohol does to your body, how to resist peer pressure and other drinking information? Visit the thecoolspot.gov, a site on alcohol just for teens.

National Clearinghouse for Alcohol and Drug Information (NCADI)

If you have questions about getting help for drug abuse for you or a friend or loved one, call 1-800-729-6686 24/7 to speak with someone who can give you info and help guide you to resources and professionals in your area.

National Institute on Drug Abuse for Teens (NIDA)

Nida’s teen site, teens.drugabuse.gov, provides facts geared towards teenagers about the symptoms and results of drug abuse. Read stories from real girls who have dealt with drug abuse and find answers to all your questions about drugs.

IF YOU OR A FRIEND IS BEING PHYSICALLY ABUSED OR IS AT RISK FOR VIOLENCE:

National Youth Violence Prevention Resource Center

A one-stop shop for all violence-related issues, the National Youth Violence Prevention Resource Center can provide and help and info for dating, domestic and school-based abuse. Call 1-866-SAFEYOUTH or visitsafeyouth.org.

The National Domestic Violence Hotline

The NDVH has help and info for teens suffering abuse at the hands of a boyfriend. Visit ndvh.org/help/teen-help.html or call 1-800-799-SAFE.

Helen S.

by ilovethecullens on 4/18/2013 7:23:46 PM

I don't know what to do anymore. I just feel blah all the time.. like no emotion. I don't get excited about anything or upset. I cant have depression-im not sad. I just want to be alone and ive started sleeping a lot.. I don't know what to do cause I feel like there's no point in anything. I cant tell my parents because I don't want to make them upset or worried. Its almost like I want to be sad. Or happy. I just want to feel emotion even if its sadness…i just need SOMETHING. whats wrong with me?!

Hey Girlie, definitely talk to someone. Depression isn't always characterized by extreme sadness, but low emotion is. I'm not an expert, but if you aren't happy, it's always best to talk to someone. If there is a way to make you feel better, you should try to get help. Better safe than sorry. I would tell your parents, but if you need more encouragement before you do, talk to someone you trust like a guidance counselor, teacher, or friend.

Hannah H.

Hannah H.

by loveforever21 on 3/14/2013 1:30:47 AM

i post comments but then i dont see them HELP!

by GirlygirlRachel on 2/28/2013 9:49:41 PM

MOD
I'm really scared for my friend, PLEASE HELP

Hey Girl, if that's the case, she needs to go to the doctor ASAP! There is a hotline on this link that should be able to help you more than I can:  http://www.girlslife.com/post/2008/08/04/HELP!2.aspx

Good luck to you and your friend!

xoxo

Hannah H.

Hannah H.

by lilja on 2/14/2013 4:53:49 PM

Yeah..I'm glad you've mentioned this because of drug use being so terrible.

by kitty99369936 on 1/31/2013 1:11:21 PM

i had to do a health report earlier this year on drugs

by myfatsquirrel on 1/30/2013 6:02:16 PM

I'm glad they pointed out the medication deal. I have asthma, so I carry an inhaler. People who don't have asthma but use an inhaler can get high, and plenty of people try that.

by hidi75 on 1/30/2013 12:57:04 PM

Do you LOVE the Divergent trilogy?
Then join my club, Divergent Lovers. Almost all officer positions available. Up to date info on 3rd book/movie!

by -strawberry13 on 1/29/2013 10:14:04 PM

@fungirl123 @rockinlishy GL is actually right it's the nicotine IN THE DRUG. So it technically makes you addicted to it by stimulating your brain.

by YouCanCallMeCat on 1/29/2013 10:01:27 PM

Feeling down? Join "Better You!" There will be daily posts/ideas/challenges for you to feel better from daily downs and just make your lives better and make you happier! Thanks and hope you check it out!

by Emilicious on 1/29/2013 9:17:26 PM

Marijuana has no addictive chemicals or components. It *CAN* be habit-forming for a small number of people who use it, but it is not the same thing as an addiction. And the number is tiny. Billions of people smoke marijuana, and they have all throughout history, and not a single person has ever died from it. (It would take an impossible amount of marijuana to overdose on it, and a sealed room, and you'd suffocate before you OD-ed.) Marijuana has way more benefits than it does dangers, and it's been proven to help many, many disease, including chronic pain, glaucoma, nausea, eating disorders, depression, sleep disorders, anxiety, and it aids cancer patients and the sufferers of chronic diseases. It also *CAN* have negative effects on teens, but those are rare and not life-threatening. It is not a dangerous drug, just one that needs to no longer be illegal so it can be openly studied and utilized, because it has the potential to change so much.

by rockinlishy on 1/29/2013 7:53:17 PM

Not that I'm saying drugs are good or I support it, but the first fact is technically wrong. Marijuana has no addictive factor in its ingredients. The addictive part of it is all in the person's brain. That's why most people use it.
Of course, it CAN still kill brain cells and it is scientifically proven that it makes you dumber, so it's still a pretty bad drug. :\

by fungirl123 on 1/29/2013 6:15:43 PM

I got 70% of the questions correct on the quiz, and 80% correct in the Braniac Round. I guessed on a couple of them. (:

by purplerainn on 1/29/2013 4:17:08 PM

I have a problem. At lunch, we're only allowed to have six people at a table. We have nine people because we started out with six and invited people who were sitting alone over to sit with us. We agreed that the original six, which I was a part of, should stay, but this one girl, Ari, who wasn't one of the original six, keeps on saying how she shouldn't leave and how all of us are "meanies". We asked the teacher if we could pull up another table, but he said the other teachers would yell at us. What should we do?

Hey Girl, what a tough sitch. Try claiming a nearby table so you can lean over and chat. Then rotate seats so everyday different people in your group get to sit at the main table.

Hannah H.

Hannah H.

by SelG4Ever on 1/29/2013 3:41:00 PM

Woahhh i had no idea about like any of this stuff thanks GL!<3

by lilliebeans on 1/29/2013 3:14:40 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD
My friend told me her mom has been slapping her and she hasn't told any trusted adult so I told her to tell the counsler BUT I don't think she will and she will kill me if I do!! HELP ME

Hey girl, keep encouraging your friend to talk to your school counselor.  You can also suggest she call the National Youth Violence Prevention Resource Center (you can find their number in this article) or the Nineline, an anonymous counseling hotline (1-800-999-9999).

Karin E.

by yorkielover88 on 1/29/2013 11:56:45 AM

Hi, i was wondering if there are any fruits that can make you loose or gain weight thanks!

Hey girlie,

You can't really compare all fruits to each other in terms of nutrition, because some are water-based and some have more carbs. But all fruits and veggies are good for you, so try eating a variety of them!

Meghan D.

by ida_ghohestani on 1/28/2013 8:07:14 PM

MOD! MOD! MOD! MOD! MOD! MOD! MOD! MOD! MOD! MOD! MOD! MOD! MOD! MOD!
Meghan D.
That's ok! I totally understand, sorry for asking I didn't know!

by WinnieGirlie on 1/28/2013 8:05:03 PM

MOD!

Hey girlie,

While we encourage an open environment on Girlslife.com, some blogger babes may find your comment offensive or inappropriate. Please discontinue to ask or comment about this subject and talk to a parent, trusted friend or guidance counselor. Love and thanks! , Your Blog Patrol Babes

Meghan D.

by WinnieGirlie on 1/28/2013 7:27:52 PM

Thanks a lot for posting this, GL! Drug use is an extremely widespread and important issue. The more websites that post serious articles like this, the more teens that might listen and realize that drug use is not worth the consequences it causes, especially for teens. Why ruin your life when you have so much more to live for?

by st8cfab on 1/28/2013 6:26:21 PM

Hey GL chickas, it would be so awesome if you could check out my club, "It's all about Fashion and Beauty". We talk about fashion(pretty obvious), makeup, hair, and more. You can find it on my profile, and I promise you'll love it!
<3 Fashion and Beauty Crew

by nazirah817 on 1/28/2013 5:40:09 PM

Nice GL. It's a great thing you guys posted this. It's a really important topic & I think it's good to make sure boys & girls know about this. It's really easy to get into, and hard to get out of. Smoking, drugs, drinking.... These are easy to go to when you might feel alone; depressed; sad; tired; or just because everyone you know is doing them. DON'T BECOME ADDICTED! It ruins your entire life. It decreases the chances of a good, happy & healthy life. You can become homeless & without a job. Don't depend on drugs, depend on yourself to do the right thing. <3

by neonroxursox on 1/28/2013 5:33:02 PM