41 MINUTES AGO #ThatAwkwardMomentWhen... Tell us your awkward story and you might be featured in the mag!

2 HOURS AGO When mom asks where the rest of the pumpkin pie went and you're like

3 HOURS AGO #QUIZ! Are you sharing too much on social media?

Will my yeast infection go away by itself?

I’ve noticed an unusual gross smell from “down there.” I think I have a yeast infection, but I’m embarrassed to talk to my mom about...

Hey girlie, it absolutely doesn't mean that! Your hymen can break naturally too from things like horseback riding, gymnastics, or even sometimes tampons.
Lauren T.

by ilikeswimming123 on 6/9/2013 9:01:59 PM

So it's an awkward subject. Please help if you can! Thanks.

Hey girlie, it could have broken your hymen, but that doesn't hurt anything, and explains the bleeding and any soreness. You shouldn't need to see a doctor about it. You should feel better in the next couple days.

Lauren T.

by ilikeswimming123 on 6/9/2013 8:26:20 PM

So the other day I woke up and I was itchy down there and it's been a few days and if hasn't gone away!! I have yellow ish discharge and the itching isn't severe, just mild. How do I tell my mom? Thanks!

Hey girl! Just be like, "Mom, I think I might need to go to the doctor for a quick checkup. I'm getting this weird yellow discharge and it's been lingering for a few days." I know it's super awkward, but she'll understand, and she'll be glad that you trusted her enough to tell her. Hope this helps! xx

Hannah M

by Gigilove321 on 5/24/2013 8:28:26 AM

Hi!This helped her but didn't help me. How do you get ride of a yeast infection? I have had it for awhile and am sick of it. Do I need medicine?

Hey girl, check out this post: "What's a Yeast Infection?"  Yep, you should probs see a physician.  If it's a yeast infection, they can recommend a medicine to make it go away.  Good luck, chica.

Karin E.

by Savannah14 on 4/3/2013 2:07:20 PM

Hey PuppyLover6, mhmm you may be okay. As long as it isn't causing you discomfort (pain, itchiness, redness) you are probably okay. Has it always been a little larger? Xoxo Smile

Lynae P.

by PuppyLover6 on 3/19/2013 8:03:06 PM

I think its easier to get yeast infections after you become sexual active. That kind of makes sense because of what is going on, another reason why it is a good idea wait before doing it. I wonder if the guy can catch or get it during that time, never really heard about that in sex ed, so maybe not?

by fashionqn on 3/13/2013 7:09:01 PM

hey Lynae P. sorry if im bothering you but do you like sushi? if so whats your favorite kind? I love it I would eat it every day if I could Smile

I like california rolls the most.

Lynae P.

by redvelvetluv on 3/12/2013 6:59:23 PM

thanks a lot Lynae P. Smile

yup no problemo! Smile

Lynae P.

by redvelvetluv on 3/12/2013 6:46:51 PM

Thanks Lynae P.
I usually do eat pretty healthy I'm
A pesceatarian but is it ok to cheat every once in a while?
I rarely ever eat junk food when me and my parents go out to eat
We usally get Japanese or Mexican food I like to eat sushi
and sometimes when I go out I'll have a rice and bean burrito I usually cut it in half
because it's HUGE I'll save it for the next day or give to my dad

Yeah a little cheating is okay. You have to reward yourself sometime right? Smile

Lynae P.

by redvelvetluv on 3/12/2013 6:12:42 PM

Is 112 a normal weight for a 15 year old who's 5 5?

Hey redvelvetluv, yup. As long as you're healthy you're good to go. Xoxo Smile

Lynae P.

by redvelvetluv on 3/12/2013 5:23:26 PM

Always hungry even after a snack? Something high in protein can help fill you up. Try celery with peanut butter topped with almonds or raisins.

Lavender helps you sleep on school nights.

WIN IT! Can *you* solve the mystery?