8 HOURS AGO Get a lil mysterious with 4 non-verbal flirting tricks: http://t.co/NbbiVk3aZP

11 HOURS AGO 5 #DIY options for your Thanksgiving table centerpiece: http://t.co/NS6hhu9ckR

12 HOURS AGO 5 Xmas smoothies that prove holiday treats CAN be healthy: http://t.co/YDVZvghmQg

COMMENTS

How to tell if he's flirting back

I can never tell if I’m flirting with someone or if someone is flirting with me. Help! Dear Flirting or Talking, Usually, if someone is interested in you, he...

Thanks idk where he got the name breadcrumb from.

by Love Animals on 5/12/2013 12:56:20 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD
I have a guy friend that I really like and he always jokes around with me and calls me breadcrumb which no one else calls me. He also teases me sometimes too. He is always talking to me and my friends say that he likes me. He always makes me smile and laugh. So does he like me or are we just friends? Thanks

Hey girlie!  Aw, breadcrumb is such a creative nickname.  Where did he get that from- I'm dying to know!  Because he is extra flirty with you, tells your friends he has a crush on you AND calls you a super cute nickname, I def think he has some feelings for you.  Just play it cool and see where this romance goes.

Elizabeth K.

by Love Animals on 5/9/2013 10:52:45 PM

My best guy friend smiles alot at me he pokes my sides where he knows i am ticklish, does he like me, is he flirting,or is he just doing it? And if he does like me he is my BESTEST friends ex boyfriend, would it hurt her or would it be ok?

Hey! If you think he likes you try spending more time around him, send out some signals and see how he reacts. Ask if he could ever see you as more than a friend. There's nothing wrong with being direct, and honestly, it saves everyone a lot of time and energy trying to interpret every little hint. If he acts like it's weird, well, you can't help that, and then you'll know for sure how he feels. You might want to talk to your friend about this first. Chances are she'll be fine with it, but it's a good friendship move to check. Good luck!

Helen S.

by nikki3445 on 5/4/2013 3:49:54 PM

I have been crushing on this guy for about 3 months now. We have classes together and our lockers are right next to each other. He seems like he is interested in me, but I can't tell. His friends tell me he likes me, but still he flirts with other girls. I have no idea what to do!!! I try and get his attention, and sometimes, it works, but most of the time, it doesn't. Should I just go for the kill and ask him out? Or should I wait and see what happens?

by missmcv99 on 4/29/2013 6:45:19 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD!!!
Ok so my crush (aka my BGF) has been acting really cold towards me all week. We usually talk ALL the time and he always acts so excited to see me, I've been pretty positive he's had a crush on me for a while. Yet this week whenever I say hi to him he's just been like "hey" in a sad voice, with his head down and then he just walks away.
Also this other girl in my grade who I know has a crush on him has been giving me really nasty glares in the hallway whenever I'm talking to him. I know she hates me because I spend so much time with him and he appears to like me. Well, I'm really worried she did something like told him some lie about me that made him hate me. He's such a close friend this is just so weird he would be acting this way towards me. I want to ask him about it but I don't want to seem like clingy or insecure to just be like "are you mad at me?"...idk what to do. The thought of loosing him is making me crazy. Thanks for the advice<3

Hey girlie. Sounds to me like he's just having an off week. Give him his time and space for a little bit longer, but if he keeps acting this way, I don't think it would be clingy at all to go up to him and ask if he's alright. Even if he doesn't want to spill right that second, let him know that you're worried and that you'll always be around if he ever wants to talk.
Florence N.

by maggie183 on 4/25/2013 8:18:55 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD
Today,my ENTIRE 5th period told my crush I liked him. I didn't even tell anyone in that class,but my best friend and she didn't tell! It was all because my teacher was taking attendance and I told her where he was. When he came back and was right next to me,everyone started saying our names! This isn't the first time someone has told him that I liked him. He was really cool about it but I feel like crying! Whenever someone told him the first time,he didn't care and he kept hanging out with me,but this is different because now the whole class knows!!!! Any help?

Hey girlie! I know it seems like they all know, but this sounds like a classic case of kids pairing up their peers when the opportunity presents to me. In this case, they happened to be right, but they were probably just being childish and poking fun. If your crush doesn't seem to have a problem with it, I wouldn't worry too much.
Florence N.

by grandeninja<3 on 4/16/2013 9:22:35 PM

So I've been reading up on signs a shy guy likes you, and it seems like my shy crush likes me. The problem is I'm really shy too. We are both talkative about our friends but with each other, we act completely different. How can I be able to talk to him if we are both awkward and shy around each other? Also how can I hint to him I like him when most of my friends are guys? Whenever I talk about a guy friend to someone when he's around, he instantly looks at me and watches me talk about my guy friends. I feel as if I'm giving him mixed signals (and vice versa). Also now I'll barely see him since our club ended, should I text him?

Hey girl, check out GL's ice breakers.  Even if you feel awkward and shy, just get a conversation going and see what happens.  Let him know you like him by making eye contact and showing him that you like talking with him.  If you want to text him, go for it.  Try making plans to do something together.  Good luck!

Karin E.

by bratz911 on 4/16/2013 11:43:41 AM

I was going to get highlights in my hair. My crush, who knows I like him, told me I shouldn't. He jokingly agreed when another girl said, See? He loves you the way you are! I know you shouldn't change for a guy, but what if said guy doesn't want you to change?

Hey girl, that's pretty much the same thing all in all. You have to do what YOU want to do. It's just your hair...it will grow back or go back to your original color. It's fine to experiment. I say go for it. If he really likes you the way you are, then he'll like you that way too!

lauren r.

by puella94 on 4/14/2013 8:32:04 AM

A while ago I got the courage to ask my crush for his number but it ended up really awkward and I texted him but he never responded. After that, I didn't talk to him, and he didn't talk to me for months. Now I have a new crush and I want his number but I'm really nervous because getting my last crush's number didn't go so well. With him, I just walked up to him with a pen and I'm like "I don't have your number... what is it?" I want to ask my new crush in a different way, a less awkward way, asking for it with a purpose. Any ideas? Thanks!

Hey girlie,

Maybe you could become friends with him first and then ask for it so that it would be less weird. You could talk to him at school, maybe at lunch or after classes, and get to know him as friends, and once you're friends and know each other, it wouldn't be weird to ask him for his number as a friend.

Meghan D.

by Casey_cookie on 4/14/2013 12:08:24 AM

My classmate added me on facebook and all of a sudden started talking to me and he flirts with me online. in school, he hardly talks to me. I dont really like him THAT way, but only as a classmate. how do i send my signals clearly that i only like him as a classmate? he keeps talking to me every single day online and if i don't respond, he keeps checking up on me like "hello are u there?". he won't give me a break >_<

Hey girl. Sounds like you need to nip this thing in the bud, stat. Just send him a quick message - something along the lines of, "I'm sorry if I gave off the wrong impression, but I'm really not interested in anything more than being friends/acquaintances right now."
Florence N.

by islandgirl23 on 4/12/2013 4:35:14 AM

MOD!!! MOD MOD MOD!!!!! I hav a lot of guy friends. And sometimes i develope a crush on one but it never lasts b/c i cant tell if he likes me back. Even if he does and we become great friends,the guy will never ask me out!!! yet he would ask out a girl who is constantly going out with guys ect.. So why will he ask a girl like that and not me...... Is it b/c that girl is easier to ask?????

hey! maybe he really does think of you as just a friend. but you know you can always ask him out. you should do it!

Helen S.

by Kathapple17 on 4/11/2013 5:27:59 PM

Katie L. you helped me earlier with my guy 'F' so today he came into my home room and I said u never did tell me Happy Birthday and he said you never told me and I said so whats my present (was hoping a hug but ya know) he said my love and I was like ya right he said its tru.... later on in my class he was out in the hall and he opened two lockers and switched their stuff (it was there fault they shouldn't have had their lockers unlocked) and we laughed and it was nice so add that into consideration please...Thank you, Katie L.

Hey girl, sorry, Katie L. is busy right now, but I'm here to help.  Sounds like you're gettin' along really well with this guy.  Just keep getting to know each other better and see what happens.  Check out GL's ice breakers page.  Also, make sure you're bonding over good-hearted fun and not at the expense of someone else's feelings.  Happy flirting!

Karin E.

by #1partier on 4/11/2013 4:15:05 PM

MOD!!! MOD!!! MOD!!! MOD!!!!
ok so there's this guy at my youth group who I really like and i want to talk to him but every time I try to I either get really shy and freeze up or he's busy doing something or he has to leave. I want to talk to him soooo bad but i can't get the courage to. So my question is how can I talk to him without freezing up or getting super shy?? please help me!!!

hey girl! Just try and relax and be yourself. For more tips, check out our flirting tag. http://www.girlslife.com/tag/flirt.aspx

xoxo

Katie L.

by -horselover- on 4/10/2013 4:44:53 PM

MOD
My BGF and I are really close. I used to like him but now I really don't like him that way. Now he likes me and I don't know what to do. One of my best friends has a crush on him and I don't want her to be hurt. At first I thought I was just imagining it but then my other friend showed me the texts he sent her saying he likes me. I NEED HELP!Thx!!!!!
-Lizzierox

hey girl! You can either talk to him about it, or wait to see if he ever brings it up. He may not want to ruin your friendship, so he may not say anything. Good luck!

xoxo

Katie L.

by lizzierox on 4/10/2013 4:39:33 PM

Hi,
I hope your having a good day, but anyways this guy i like this guy and he always calls me by my last name or my nickname only my dorky friends call me that they tried to get to stick. Is that a good sign?? No one else calls me by my last name, and I thought maybe it was a good sign cuz its in alot of movies and yah.
Thnx so much!

hey girl! I think it's really cute that he has a unique nickname for you. It's def a good sign! Maybe you should call him by his last name too ;)

xoxo

Katie L.

by Madison Cinnamon on 4/10/2013 4:29:19 PM

MOD MOD MOD!!
Hey so I really like this 8th grader we'll call him F and I am in 7th grade... We talk everyday and walk to my locker and stuff... We always "have to use the bathroom" and talk for like 2 min. He talks with other girls too though. My friend who is also in 8th grade said he would never date a 7th grader... He's really funny and a class clown so...Idk if he is flirting and he is always doing cute stuff in the doorway between our classes and he just makes me smile... Do you think he might like me or what?? Thanx

hey girl! it's tough to tell, but he does seem like he could be interested. keep talking to him and keep flirting!

xoxo

Katie L.

by #1partier on 4/10/2013 4:28:01 PM

Hey Darlings! Do you love style? Do you like to stand out? Do you love style? Do you need fashion help, like RIGHT now? Then the club, Stand Out is definitely for you! Smile We will post all about style, hair, and beauty, and offer great advice. Hope to see you there! Smile <3High Tops

by High Tops FTW on 4/10/2013 3:18:34 PM

Hey girls! Need help finding outfits for your first day of school or your first date? Just finished cramming the night before and look terrible? Check out Fashion ASAP and get advice on your skin, body, hair, nail how-to's, makeup and awesome outfits here that fit your taste and style! We will help you with your problems ASAP (usually within 24 hours) and you'll receive fabulous answers! Smile <3High Tops

by High Tops FTW on 4/10/2013 3:18:22 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD! The article says that if a shy guy talks to you then thats actually a big deal. Well I have this guy friend who is really shy but he talks to me for hours on the phone. We text most of the time! He always tries to cheer me up when I am in a bad mood and sometimes cracks jokes about me! (which I don't really like!) Anyways, he keeps telling me that he will always be there for me no matter what! A little cheesy but he says that! :p But the weird thing is he barely talks to me at school! So is he just a friend or does he like me? Help! I am confused. And thanks a lot! Smile

Hey girlie. Sounds like he likes you to me! He's probably just nervous to talk to you at school because he's shy around other people, but if he's opening up to you, I'd say that's a pretty big deal.
Florence N.