AN HOUR AGO 5 ways to remix your salad routine: http://t.co/ritxTtorOn

2 HOURS AGO 5 furry friends you need to follow on Instagram ASAP: http://t.co/PVxAb5RkaE

3 HOURS AGO Snapbacks are makin' a killer comeback: http://t.co/39LINFW5OT

COMMENTS

8 great things that happened this week

Between the Boston Marathon bombings to the West Texas fertilizer plant explosion to the flooding in Chicago and beyond, this has been a “no news...

moderater:
update-
i have a fever so im missing the nj ask, thanks for the advice.

by pandasrock292 on 4/29/2013 10:24:44 AM

moderater?
tomorrow is my NJ ASK and I have a fever. If I don't go, then I can make it up, but if I do go, I'm worried that I'll do bad. I'm not worried that I will be sick, but worried because the 7th grade NJ ASK is the one that counts for high school and i am applying to a special medical high school, and if I bomb this test I won't be able to go to that high school what will i do???? HELP ME

Hey girlie, if you have a fever stay home. It's a valid excuse and fevers tend to mess with your focus, so you might have a better chance of acing the test if you make it up later.

Lauren T.

by pandasrock292 on 4/28/2013 5:26:50 PM

The subject came up on how would we feel if a person came out that was on our sports team and it seemed the guys in the group werent as accepting as we were when it came knowing that a teammate was gay. I guess its good for her to let her future basketball teammates know she is a lesbian. And maybe the guys didnt like the idea because of the locker room scene and changing and showering, but then someone mentioned to them that women sportscasters are allowed in guys locker rooms now and see them naked so what is the big deal. Maybe I'll be a sportscaster some day and interview those cute Olympic swimmers, Smile.

by fashionqn on 4/25/2013 4:25:50 PM

The video on this article under the thing about Rebecca Suarez was a video about a boy kicking footballs. He kicks very well lol, but I was confused... just thought I'd mention it. Lauren T.

by ellybelle98 on 4/22/2013 6:36:02 PM

Modmodmod!
Okay...so I've been talking to this boy who I've barely ever met in really life. I actually KNOW him, though. Anyway, my whole family knows I like him. This is actually the first time I've ever told my family I liked someone. I'm just a personal person when it comes to my family. Anyway, he's coming over Friday night! My parents won't let us go out by ourselves because I'm so young(I'm 15). I'm really, really nervous! What can I do to be less nervous? We really legitimately like each other, and we want to be together. Help me be not nervous! Thanks!

Hey girl, just take a deep breath and be yourself.  Part of liking someone for the first time is being a little nervous (woah butterflies!), so some nervous feelings are a good thing.  Prepare for the evening and that should make you feel calmer.  You can figure out what you're wearing, where you'll be hanging out, and think of some activities to do or food to eat.  You got this.  Have fun and good luck!

Karin E.

by EgirlH.97 on 4/22/2013 12:22:51 PM

Moderator Moderator Moderator?
So last night my parents got into a heated argument and my dad talked about my mom going off with some guy and shopping for stuff but she only did that caz he was a work and was really busy so she asked one of her guyfriends. My mom doesn't like the fact that he's so over-protective and not letting her do things off on her own since he barely has time for her. They were talking about getting divorce and I'm just worried of what will happen. I really don't want them divorce caz I'm 13 yr old and my brother is on 8! -_-
It'll crush my lil bro's childhood and Idk what will happen to us in the future. So now Idk what to do, my dad didn't wanna sleep with my mom in the same bed so he slept on the coach and he's right now gone off somewhere. My mom slept alone in my parents room and now is extremely quiet and stuff. Please help?? Frown

Hey girl, honestly it's just between your parents. It has nothing to do with you two. Try and talk to your mom. Let her know that you and your brother are there for her if she needs anything. It'll be okay!
lauren r.

by Susmita24 on 4/21/2013 10:45:11 AM

I think it's good news that they caught one of the guys responsible for the Boston bombing. Obviously it's sad that it happened in the first place, but at least now he can't hurt anyone else.

by supersingershannon on 4/20/2013 6:20:25 PM

The dove video actually brought tears to my eyes. It was so beautiful! Thanks for sharing this!

by icerocker on 4/20/2013 1:40:25 PM

I have a question about this paragraph:
Number-one WNBA draft pick Brittney Griner confirmed that she is gay…and her teammates affirmed that women’s basketball is inclusive, compassionate and supportive of everyone.
Wouldn't that means shes lesbian? I thought gay was guys who like guys?

Hey girl, gay is all inclusive, really. All it means is that the person likes the same sex. Gay isn't just for guys. Smile

lauren r.

by justrainbowz on 4/20/2013 1:52:22 AM

Thank you. I was going crazy with the amount of horrible things that happened this week. <3 I especially loved the Dove video. It's so inspiring and it just needed to be done in today's society.

by Emilicious on 4/20/2013 1:02:19 AM

It's better to avoid it all together rather than using birth control. The part about the girl in West Virgina wasn't good news.

by LittleUsagiTewi on 4/20/2013 12:24:17 AM

This is a very nice article idea,GL :-D

by iluvmusic♥ on 4/19/2013 10:08:33 PM

Thank you very much, Lynae P! I'll try to talk to her! Smile

Let me know how everything goes girl! Good luck! Xoxo Smile

Lynae P.

by gammag98 on 4/19/2013 8:27:40 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD
I have a friend at school who is very nice and funny, but I think she is a bad influence. She is always testing my religious beliefs and morals. She also tends to insult my other friends and put them down. On the other hand, I'm the only one she talks to at school. She won't talk to anyone else and she tells me that I'm her only friend, and at a small school, everyone needs a friend. One rule I follow is to never make anyone feel left out. I really don't know what to do now!

Hey gammag98, maybe you should sit her down and have a talk with her. Maybe she doesn't realize how she comes off. Let her know she can be kinda judgemental and rude. Hopefully that will change her attitude. Hope this helps! Xoxo Smile

Lynae P.

by gammag98 on 4/19/2013 7:47:54 PM

I loved the last video the women described themselves completely different from how I saw them

by kiwigirl777 on 4/19/2013 7:30:00 PM

I agree some tough things happened this week. But some good things did too.

Yeah for NASA and infant mortality dropping. My friends mom is a pediatric nurse and has always said things could be better when it comes to babies being born.

Also for the girl in West Virginia, it doesnt seem her school discusses birth control. While its good to talk about abstinence its probably good to also talk about birth control since so many teens our age are doing things. And the speaker at her school who talked about us not being a virgin if you do certain things, I wonder if she meant that for the guys too!

by fashionqn on 4/19/2013 5:52:54 PM