AN HOUR AGO Unleash your inner bookworm with our fave award-winning reads: http://t.co/WVbM9Uj7aj

2 HOURS AGO Cute 'n' quick bun styles to try this weekend: http://t.co/dIFvlC8c4i

3 HOURS AGO Show off YOUR fab sense of style by designing a #stuckatprom dress with @theduckbrand! Click here for more deets: http://t.co/tvp0u6bvXh

COMMENTS

My BGF and I are dating--but it still feels like we're just friends

I just got my first boyfriend. He and I have been friends for about two years. I was really excited, but now it seems like...

Need advice like...now!? Come contact me "vikiwasawoo" in the advice queens, and ill get back to you ASAP.! Xoxo

by vikiwasawoo on 8/4/2013 10:01:53 PM

my bgf that i have been taking to for 7 months confessed he liked me just a few days ago.Ive liked him all along but just decided to be a friend because i wasnt sure he liked me like that to so i thought id wait for him to make a move and he did by confessing.But for some reason i feel that now its awkward. Any advice to make it somewhat better?

by kimmy_bear123 on 7/19/2013 12:36:02 AM

Like they said, friendship is a big part of a relationship and it sounds like you have that but if you want to take it to the next level with him there are ways to hint at that and you will know if he is interested. I think nibbling on his ear and rubbing his shoulders and certain parts of his body will give you the reaction of whether he wants more. If he doesnt then dont pressure, I dont think all guys are like we think, some arent ready or arent interested in physical stuff depending on their age.

by fashionqn on 7/16/2013 12:04:33 AM

One of my close guy friends and I have had a sort of on-and-off flirtationship for a little over a year. We flirt all the time and usually end up holding hands or cuddling when we hang out one-on-one. The other night, we kissed; he told me afterwards that he didn't want either of us to feel obligated to each other because of it. He's going to college in the fall. Should I enjoy this for the rest of the summer, knowing that it'll end eventually (I'm pretty much okay with that) or should I start focusing my attention now on guys who are going to be around for the school year and something that might last longer?

Hey girlie, if you like him then go for it! You never know what you could happen. Be prepared for things to end at the end of the summer, but it could turn into something long distance.

Lauren T.

by coldplay_girl on 7/15/2013 6:13:00 PM

MODMODMOD
ok, so my BFF had a HUGE crush in this guy for almost 2 years. She said she was over him after he moved away to go to a different school, but last night he FB messaged me and we talked for a long time, he gave me his number and said to text him!!! Idk what to do because I'm not sure if my friend still likes him??? I think he's pretty cute though but I'm really not looking for a relationship. I'm scared me might make a move, thanks!!!

Hey chica, always remember that friendships are not something to sacrifice for guys! Make sure you tell your BFF everything that happened and directly ask her if she has a problem with you talking to her. That's the only way you can make sure that it is okay. Good Luck!

Jess D.

by marelle123 on 7/12/2013 2:21:30 AM

So me and my BGF (who I also happen to have a huge crush on) are getting together some 1-on-1 this summer to work on music (we both play in the band at church.) It's not technically a date, but I want to look nice, since it might lead to a real date! (Hey, you never know!) Any tips for what to wear? Thanks!! SmileSmile
PS: do you think a push up bra is trashy to wear on a date? my friend asked and I didn't know what to tell her

Hey rebecca18, you definitely want to look casual. You could wear a tank beneath a blazer, with jeans and sandals and accessories. That's stylish yet comfy, and not over done. And nope, as long as she pairs the push up bra with something classy and cute, she should be good to go. Hope this helps! Xoxo Smile

Lynae P.

by rebecca18 on 7/9/2013 5:54:27 PM

My boyfriend and I have been dating for nine months so far. Things are going great but now they seemed to have taken a turn for the bad...On our 9 month anniversary I was away at California for a school thing. Before going I had discussed with my boyfriend about calling each other so we could still talk on our anniversary. We only had time for a 20 minute call after he put it off two times because he was busy doing things. Then during our call his dad said he needed help so my boyfriend, of course, ended the call to go help his dad. He never mentioned calling me back or anything. Then later on I talked to him about calling and he said he might be able to when he got home but he was at a firework thing with his friends. I found out later that he was with his guy friends and then ran into his girl best friend. They take pictures every time there together. Granted, he doesn’t take them but he still poses for them.

Hey girlie,

Long distance
relationships can definitely be tricky, and they rely on a LOT of trust between
both of you. If he needed to help his dad or wanted to spend time with his
friends (girls or guys), you’ll have to trust what he tells you and understand
his priorities, too. Maybe next time you could schedule a time to talk so that
you can both plan around that time, but if something for your family comes up
you may have to reschedule. If you both care about each other, though, you can
definitely make it work as long as you trust each other and are flexible!

Meghan D.

by aqua27036 on 7/5/2013 12:33:25 AM

Help! Okay, it seems that the only type of girls guys like are athletic volleyball players. No joke. What should I do? I'm not very athletic, I only play tennis, but I sing, play 6 instruments, and I'm in a lot of advanced/ A.P. classes! Does this mean I'm nerdy? Help!

Hey girl,

You don't have to meet guys through playing sports, and the right guy will like you just the way you are. It sounds like you have a lot of really cool interests and would be a lot of fun to hang out with. You can meet guys through band, tennis and classes so that you share some interests and hobbies. xo

Caroline C.

by Rissa Kay on 7/2/2013 10:49:24 AM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD I've been really conflicted over this guy. when we met, he had a girlfriend but when they broke up we got really close. then we just kinda stopped talking all of a sudden, and when i saw him again he had a gf. we didn't really talk but then after a couple months we started acknowledging each other and talking, but he still has a gf. lately we've been connecting again, and i can talk to him about anything and vice versa. only we don't contact each other outside of our activities because of his gf. i found out that she's not even that nice and he told me has to hold back around her, so it doesn't sound so stable but i could be wrong. should i wait until he's single or move on? i'm not gonna be dating for a while anyways.

Hey girl,

It's best to not get invovled in their relationship, especially because its not fair to his GF (or to him) to try to intervene. At the same time, you shouldn't have to wait around to see what happens. Branch out and hang out with other guys- there are bound to be a bunch that would love to talk to you (and a bunch who don't already have a GF). xo

Caroline C.

by karategirl78 on 7/1/2013 10:21:53 AM

MOD MOD MOD!
Hey I need so strengthening tips I am a dancer and I was wondering how I could hold my battement. What can I strengthen to do it. If you don't know what it looks like, here's a link: http://www.flickr.com/photos/cpeddecord/3026300572/ Thank you

Hey girl,

You'll definitely want to work on strengthening your core for better balance. You can do cruches, planks and side planks, or a pilates class. You can even strengthen your core while you're sitting at home-- just check out this GL link:  http://www.girlslife.com/post/2012/12/03/Get-a-killer-core-while-ya-study.aspx

Good luck!