12 HOURS AGO Wanna see what the stars have in store for your future? http://t.co/t6rGzm22ZX

15 HOURS AGO Our secret for beating bestie battles: http://t.co/VHvHgYJ4lj

16 HOURS AGO 20 ultra-easy fashion DIYs: http://t.co/sqS2OUFOue

COMMENTS

I like this guy, but we kinda hate each other

There's this one guy that I just started liking, but we kind of hate each other. We're rude all the time to each other. But...

MOD MOD MOD MOD! Hi! I like this guy. He's shy and I'm extremely outgoing! I don't want to intimidate him or come off too strong. We don't have any classes together but we do ride the same bus and live in the same neighborhood. Do you have any tips for flirting / breaking the ice. We are friends but we've never been extremely close. I've known him since elementary school too.

Hey girlie, try sitting with him on the bus sometimes and talking to him. Since you're already friends he won't think it's strange. And it gives you a chance to get to know him a little better and to let him get to know you.

Lauren T.

by cutieonpatrol on 8/25/2013 6:33:31 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
I had a situation like this too. But i tried the advice and i was being nice to him but then he started being an even bigger jerk! So i played along and only said, "sure i hate ur guts too" and i asked him if we were kidding and he said no and called me a B. we used to b friends but idk wht happend! His best friend said he hated me out of nowhere! My friends say he likes me back but when were around we just cant b nice and i cant flirt without him snapping at me. What shuld i do?

Hey girlie,

Maybe you did
something in the past that upset him (even if it was an accident) and that’s
why you’re not friends anymore? You can’t be sorry if you don’t know what
changed his mind, though, so maybe you could go to him and ask what happened to
make him not want to be friends with you. Hopefully you can talk through the
situation and both apologize for what you’ve said, but if he’s still mean, you’re
probably better off apart, because you deserve to date a guy who respects you
and is nice to you always!

Meghan D.

by yannarox on 8/15/2013 11:25:47 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD

So, there's this guy who's basically....perfect. I don't think he even likes me as a friend. I don't really know if I even have a crush on him. But i think I do so how do I break the ice with someone so perfect funny and sweet. I mean he's way out of my league so... help. Maybe just give me advice on how to get over him?

Hey girlie,

Don’t be so hard on
yourself! If a guy isn’t nice to you, it’s not because he’s “out of your
league,” it’s because he doesn’t see how awesome you are! Maybe you could just
introduce yourself and start a casual conversation about school (what subjects
you like, what clubs you’re in, etc.) and go from there. If you get to know
each other as friends, it’s a great way to break the ice in a casual setting!
If he isn’t nice to you in return, you can take your mind off him by focusing
on school and on your relationships with your family and friends.

Meghan D.

by countstars on 8/15/2013 10:57:14 PM

MOD MOD MOD I just started a new grade and I have no classes with my crush. I haven't even seen him once! He lives across the street from me and my friend asked me why he wasn't going to school. I didnt really know what she was talking about. I just thought that I just hadn't run into him since there are so many people around. Then she told me that there were rumors that he moved cuz his mom found a better job. But I was confused by this cuz my other friend said that she saw him. I don't know what to think!!!!!! I have his # but he never responds but either way I don't know what to say!!!! What should I do?

Hey girlie,

If he hasn’t
responded, he might be going through a lot right now, no matter where he is.
Give him some time alone, and wait for him to text you first next time. If he
doesn’t get back to you, I’m sure there are plenty of other guys at your school
who you might not have noticed before, and you can put more effort into
schoolwork and your relationships with your family and friends! If he wants to
get back to you, he knows how to reach you, and if not, it’s his loss!

Meghan D.

by Aimeelou730 on 8/15/2013 9:14:14 PM

Oh, but we never ended up going out. We soon changed spots, and we just couldn't find the time to talk anymore. Except for texting. But that's not half as fun as talking to him in real life.

by burtdarnell on 8/11/2013 11:46:13 PM

I totally understand girl, the same thing happened to me! There was this one guy who was always "mean" to me, and we "hated" each other too. We sat next to one another in LA, and he was always teasing me, and soon he asked for my number, and he started passing me notes, and I started to like him, more and more each day. I didn't think he liked me back, (I'm blind to those kinda things), and it turns out he really liked me too!( at least that's what my friend said that he told her)

by burtdarnell on 8/11/2013 11:44:31 PM

MOD MOD MOD!
I have a situation kinda like this but not exactly. My problem is I'm dating this guy(he's not necessarily my boyfriend) but I used to be kinda mean to him. we've been friends for a really long time and I'm not really sure why I was mean to him but I was when I was like 8 or 9. We both like eachother but theres kind of a wall between us and I think that's why. Ive said Im sorry and hes forgiven me but there is still an emotional wall between us what should I do???!! Thank you!

Hey artisticchic99, there's really nothing else you can do. You apologized and have shown him that you are sorry for your past actions. If he can't truly forgive you, then that's his problem. Hopefully he'll come around girly. Don't feel bad. Xoxo Smile

Lynae P.

by artistchic99 on 8/11/2013 9:03:33 PM

I think when girls get crushes on guys they "kinda" hate, they either act mean to cover up their feelings or they like the whole drama of the relationship. I've been through the same thing, and trust me, being nice works.

Check out my advice queen page! I give advice on mnay things and I'd be glad to help any girl out.

by 1cindercinder3 on 8/11/2013 7:44:05 PM

MODMODMOD!!!!!! So this guy and me share a birthday, and, being the 8th graders we are, we now absolutely HATE each other!!! But, I kinda have a crush on him. How do I get him to like me? And it's not just teasing and sarcasm. This is pure HATRED!!!!!

Hey girl, just start talking and being friendly him. Talk to him in class or say hi in the halls. The little things will make a big difference.

Lauren T.

by wildflower148 on 8/11/2013 7:09:52 PM

I dont think you hate each other, its more like you pick on each other and may be a little mean to each other. I think its more normal to be like that rather than always agreeing with each other.

by fashionqn on 8/11/2013 3:14:47 PM