FAB UP YOUR LIFE
Makeover your nightstand with our decoupage how-to
Preserve your fave pics and make a boring nightstand pop with decoupage. It’s a li’l messy, and a lot of fun. So follow these six easy steps, and let your creative side run wild, chica!
What you’ll need
One small, plain nightstand (wood, metal or plastic works!)
A handful of exotic postcards and cute pics
One sponge paintbrush
One small bottle of Mod Podge
What you’ll do
1. Open the Mod Podge, and use your paintbrush to cover the top of the nightstand with a generous layer of it.
2. Place your postcards and pics where you want them on the nightstand. Feel free to overlap them, put them upside down, or whatever floats your boat.
3. Coat the backs of the items with Mod Podge, and press them down in place on the tabletop.
4. Cover the postcards, pics, and any part of the tabletop that’s still showing with more Mod Podge, gently pressing down as you go.
5. Scan the entire top of the nightstand for any spots where the pics and postcards are bubbling up, or where their corners are lifting off. Use the paintbrush to stick extra Mod Podge underneath those places and to smooth them out.
6. Go over any rough-looking patches with a smooth layer of Mod Podge, and make sure everything looks stuck down.
7. Let your project dry for about 20 minutes, or until it feels dry when you touch it. Enjoy your new nightstand and your super-cute room!
Loved this post? You’ll heart these, too!
Want more ways to get GL? Like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter, Pinterest and Tumblr!