MAKE IT CUTE
DIY strawberry cheesecake pops for some sweet nostalgia
Whip up these fruity, frozen treats now, and delight your family after dinner. They remind us of those classic Good Humor bars from the ice cream truck, but the addition of fresh strawberries makes them tastier (and, OK, a little healthier). Whether you make them as a Father's Day dessert or for your next sleepover, we bet you'll be blending these up all summer long.
Strawberry Cheesecake Pops
Makes 6 pops
- 2 cups hulled strawberries (that means when you take the tops off) plus 6 thinly slices strawberry wheels (optional)
- ½ cup sour cream
- ¼ cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ cup coarse graham cracker crumbs from about 2 crackers plus more for garnish (optional)
- Puree strawberries in a blender until smooth.
- Using a spatula, press the pulp through a strainer to extract the juice.
- Discard the solids.
- Whisk in the sour cream, sugar, lemon juice and vanila.
- Stir in ¼ cup graham cracker crumbs.
- Spoon the mixture into the ice pop molds.
- Slide in strawberry slices, insert sticks and sprinkle crumb garnish around the base of each pop.
- Freeze until firm.
What's your favorite kind of popsicle? Share in the comments below!
Recipe and Photo by Charity Ferreira, via thedailymeal.com