5 ways to remove body hair without shaving
Summer sun attire makes it feel like every hair is under a spotlight. And to make matters worse, different body parts grow hair a little bit differently. Luckily, there is more than one way to get rid of it. While removing body hair is entirely a personal decision and by no means a requirement, there are plenty of ways other than shaving to go about it if it’s something you want to do.
1. Waxing. This is a great option if you have darker hair or just don’t want to shave as often. Waxing rips the hair from the root and keeps your skin smooth and hair-free for much longer than a normal shave would, usually around four weeks. You can get wax treatments at any beauty salon, or you can do it yourself with at-home waxing strips.
2. Tweezing. Tweezing your hairs and pulling them out individually by the roots is another way to keep your skin hairless for far longer than shaving, usually around four weeks depending on the area. However, it's super time consuming since you’re going at it one hair at a time, so we recommend sticking to tweezing just your eyebrows.
3. Threading. Like tweezing, threading is not great for tackling larger areas of hair. But if you’re looking to tidy up your brows, threading is a great option. It’s faster than tweezing and some women even say it’s less painful than waxing.
4. Laser treatment. Getting your hair removed via laser is way pricier than the other options, but if it’s an option for you, it makes life much easier in the long run making it so you never have to shave an area ever again.
5. Depilatory hair removal creams. These types of creams are super easy to use. Read the instructions on the bottle before you start, but all you do is cover your skin with the cream, let it do its magic and wipe your hair right off. Always be sure to test the cream on a small area of your leg first to make sure you don't have a bad reaction to it and avoid sensitive areas like your bikini line.
And of course, whether or not you even want to remove your body hair is entirely up to you. If you don’t want to spend the time, money or energy on removing hair you’re perfectly comfortable with, there is absolutely no reason to.
What's your go-to hair removal method? Tell us about it in the comments below!
We want to hear from you! Send us your weirdest body questions here (seriously, we'll answer anything!) and it just might get featured.