Summer lovin’. It doesn’t
have to happen so fast... Why don’t you slow your summer down and smell the
roses with one of these awesome date ideas.
1. Go to the park. A walk in the woods is great
medicine for any ill, and if you have none then it’ll lift your spirits to be
in nature with your cutie.
2. Grab a camera and an inanimate object – a rock
with a face, a magazine, a pillow – now you’re ready to go on an adventure!
Walk around with the object and document your voyage into far lands (or your
neighborhood). Let your imagination be your guide. You’ll be amazed at how much
you both can think of.
3. Have a beach day right at home. Get out your fave swimsuit and turn on the sprinkler, just like when you were a kid. You
and your boy toy can frolic all day – you can even have a picnic on the lawn.
4. Instead of pretending to get in the water, go to
the pool. Swimming is a great (and healthy!) way to spend time together. You
can play games and cool off, while your relationship heats up.
5. Be creative. You can use paints or tie-dye to
decorate two old tees. Work together to decorate T-shirts that you both can wear.
6. Have a soiree right at home. Have you and your boy
dress up and have a dinner with flowers in your kitchen. If you ask nicely,
your parents just might wait on you two.
7. Channel your inner child. Make a lemonade stand. You
can make money, be business partners and have a ton of fun.
8. Get active. Show off that sporty girl side. Play
Frisbee, soccer, football or capture the flag. These games are super fun and
show him you’re not afraid to get down ‘n’ dirty!
9. Stargaze. Search for different constellations in
the sky. Not only will your astronomy skills impress him, but looking up at the
stars together is, sigh, super romantic.
10. Visit the animal shelter. If cute puppy dog eyes
don’t bring out your boy’s sensitive side, nothing can. These pups and kittens
will be thankful for the attention you give them, so you can have fun and feel
good about it, too.
BY TESS MORAN AND SARAH OLEISKY ON 6/3/2012 12:00:00 AM
POSTED IN guys, dating advice, GL's best guy advice, boyfriend Q & A