You don’t need us to tell you that second bowl of Froot Loops isn’t the most exciting—or the healthiest—option in the a.m. But does that mean you can’t sweeten up your same ol’ morning meal? Of course not! Mix it up with these fruity smoothies for a healthy and delish breakfast blend.
Strawberries & Cream
Strawberries are sweet and delicious, and even better in
springtime. Throw a handful of these into your morning mix and start your day
• 1 to 1 ½ cups of frozen strawberries (or fresh strawberries
and a little bit of ice)
• ¼ cup of milk (any kind! Soy, almond, skim…)
• A little bit of sweetener (honey, agave, stevia…)
Peanut Butter Lover
If you can’t keep your spoon out of the peanut butter jar,
this smoothie is for you. Have some PB in moderation while incorporating some
• 1 frozen banana
• 1 tablespoon of peanut butter
• ½ cup of almond milk
• ¼ cup of plain or vanilla yogurt
• 1 tablespoon of honey
This one’s for all of you fruit lovers. Try four of the
tangiest fruits combined together to jump-start your morning!
• ¾ cup of orange juice
• 1 cup of frozen strawberries (or fresh strawberries and a
little bit of ice)
• ½ of a banana
• 1 cup raspberries
Are berries one of your favorite fruits to snack on? Try
substituting your boring breakfast with a blast of berry instead.
• ½ cup of frozen blueberries
• ½ cup of frozen raspberries
• ½ cup of frozen strawberries
• 1 cup of blueberry, grape, or pomegranate juice
For a more exotic-tasting smoothie, try adding some fruits
you don’t normally eat every day. If you’re going to experience a sunrise, you
might as well make it a tropical one.
• 1/3 cup of plain or vanilla yogurt
• ½ cup of frozen mango
• ½ cup of frozen peaches
• ¼ cup of frozen pineapple pieces
• ½ cup of orange juice
• A little bit of honey
• Try sneaking some spinach into your smoothies for some added vitamins and nutrients. It may sound gross, but you can’t even taste the leafy greens when they’re mixed in with your favorite fruits and ingredients.
• Adding a dash of chia seeds to your smoothie can benefit you in many ways. Not only are they full of fiber and protein, but they also help fight off belly fat and help you feel full, faster. You can stay nice and satisfied until lunchtime rolls around.
LOVE THIS POST? YOU’LL HEART THESE TOO…
+ Stay trim and get yummy recipes with Get Fit Fast, our weekly health newsletter
+ Yup, you can get bikini abs before spring break. Try this workout
+ Is it anxiety or just stress? The deets you need to know
WIN BIG! Step into spring with style with our shoe-tacluar March giveaway.
MAJOR PLUS Get the latest from GL on Google+ and Instagram.
BY KRISTA STUCCHIO ON 3/11/2014 12:00:00 AM
POSTED IN recipes, sweet treats, snack, drink, healthy recipes, breakfast, summer recipes, spring recipes, gluten-free recipes, vegan recipes, vegetarian recipes, summer sips, health, nutrition, produce, berries, recipes, makeover your morning routine, In the mag, April/May 2014