This recipe is so
fresh for spring! These refreshingly
tangy lemony bars will impress your family and friends—and they won’t even know
how ridiculously easy it was. Plus, they’re bright and yellow like gorgeous
sunshine—which is so (hello!) right now.
1 box yellow cake mix
1 stick (1/2 cup) unsalted butter, softened to room
temperature (make sure you use real butter, margarine may not work)
1 can lemon pie filling
1. Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
2. Spray 9x13 baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
3. Mix the dry cake mix and the butter in a large bowl until
it’s crumbly. Don’t worry if it looks
really dry, it’s supposed to be that way.
Don’t add anything extra!
4. Set aside ½ cup of this mixture.
5. Take the rest of the crust mixture and press it into a 9x13
baking dish, making sure to spread it out evenly. It’s easiest to just pack it
down in there with your hands.
6. Next, spoon out the lemon pie filling into the crust, and
spread it as evenly as possible.
7. Sprinkle the half cup of crumble mixture you set aside
earlier over the pie filling, making sure it covers the surface evenly.
8. Bake at 350F for about 20-25 minutes, until the crumble on
top starts to turn a very light golden brown. Make sure to store it in the
Love this post? You’ll heart these too…
BY NICOLE ALTMARK ON 4/9/2013 12:00:00 AM
POSTED IN recipes, sweet treats, spring recipes