How To: Orange October manis
Up at bat: chic halo nail art on the left followed by splatter on the right. Why two designs? I don’t trust my left hand to make a neat halo. That, and at least the splatter mani is supposed to be messy.
Not root, root, rooting for my home team or any baseball team? These designs double as a non-spooky Halloween mani. Definitely worth taking a swing at, right?
Color coats of your choice
Fingernail polish remover (or fingernail polish thinner if you have it)
Tape (Scotch or masking)
Newspaper (to keep your workspace clean)
1. After a clear coat, paint your base coat. Let dry
Tip: Pick a lighter color for your base, so that the other colors will be more visible.
2. Tape around your nails. This makes cleanup waaay easier.
Tip: Short blasts are best. Huffing and puffing? Ugh, the worst.
4. Repeat with a different straw for your following colors.
Let dry. (I got a little antsy and took most of the tape off before taking the picture--whoops!)
5. Remove tape and clean up the mess around the nails.
6. Cover with clear coat and voilà!
Rounding the bases
Nail pen, thin brush or toothpick (if you’re really steady)
1. After a clear coat, paint your base color. Let dry.
Tip: Too tricky for one stroke? Try one side at a time, then picking up where you left off. Round it out to make it seamless.
3. Cover with clear coat and voilà!
And just like before with Ravens in the playoffs, I’ll whip up a mani for when the O’s advance in the postseason. It’s O time!