FAB UP YOUR LIFE
Go graphic with a statement-making sweatshirt
What you'll need:
A basic sweatshirt (grab one at a craft store, Forever 21 or online)
Iron-on letter transfers (find at a craft store)
What you'll do:
1. First, come up with your phrase. Then, cut out the letters one by one. Don't cut too close--you want to leave a little bit of a extra edge on each one. Note: If you have repeat letters (like the "I" in "DIY THIS"), you will need to cut out multiple letters, not just one.
2. Lay the sweatshirt on a flat surface and play around with the arrangement of the letters.
3. Ready to go? Lay the letters down plastic side up. And, uh, make sure they aren't backwards or upside down!
4. Heat up the iron and put it on the wool setting (or follow directions on the letter transfer package if they differ from these).
5. Lay a thin cotton towel on top of the letters. Firmly press the iron over the towel and letters for approximately one minute. Go over them firmly a few times, especially around the edges.
6. Flip the sweatshirt inside out and press the iron firmly over the inside surface for about 20 seconds.
7. Flip the sweatshirt right side out again and carefully peel off the plastic backing from each letter, and voila!
Note: Feel free to cut up your sweatshirt before you get to ironing. Natalie cut out the neck of this one, which gives it a great '80s vibe.
Tell us: What phrase would you put on a sweatshirt? Share 'em in the comments, cuties!