FAB UP YOUR LIFE
Turn your old magazines into room decor
If you don’t already have a stash saved up, it’s time to start collecting all your old GL magazines for this super cute DIY collage perfect for fashionistas.
What you’ll need:
- Primed canvas
- Foam paint brush
- Mod Podge
- Acrylic paint
1. Open up all of your old GL mags and find some of your fave pics from editorial shoots, your fave celebs or just cool images.
2. Cut or strategically rip out the images you like so you can collage them later. Get an idea of what images you want where by laying them down on the canvas.
3. Use the Mod Podge (or take Elmer’s liquid glue with a little bit of water to thin it out) with the foam paint brush to apply an even layer on the blank canvas.
4. While the Mod Podge is still wet, start placing and layering your images as you like. Smooth out any air bubbles and wrinkles as you go.
5. After the Mod Podge dries, apply a layer overtop of the collage so the pictures are locked into place. Keep layering the Mod Podge until the pictures are flattened and your collage is smooth.
Optional: You can apply an additional layer of Mod Podge to apply glitter, sequins or beads. If you want to get super artsy, add puff paint or fabric scraps for more texture.
Have you ever made a magazine collage? Tell us in the comments below!
Photo credit: Pinterest