How To: Rock a sporty stripe mani
For the past two years, I’ve painted a different mani for each playoff game. But since my beloved Ravens, the unofficial team of the Baltimore-based GL HQ, didn’t make it the playoffs this year, my fanicures sat on the sidelines. It just didn't feel right.
But what’s the Super Bowl without a flashy mani? So, I picked a sporty design and subbed in a team to cheer for: the Seattle Seahawks. Besides having prettier colors (sorry, Denver), my family’s from Seattle, so I gotta rep the West Coast. Plus, Ravens, Seahawks—that birds of a feather rule applies even in football.
If you’re looking for a mani that won’t run the clock (serious, it’s super fast), try this cinchy how-to:
• 3 nail polishes of your choice
• Nail pen, thin brush or toothpick (as a last resort)
• Clear and base coat
1. After painting your base coat, cover your nails in the background color.
Tip: Swipe a thin layer of Vaseline around the cuticle of your nails (not the nail itself!) to make cleanup easier.
2. Paint your first, thicker stripe with the tool of your choice.
3. Using a thinner brush (I used a nail pen for this), paint one stripe on each side of the thicker stripe. Let dry.
Tip: Go slow for straight, clean lines.
4. Cover with a clear coat, and voila!
Who are you rooting to win Super Bowl XLVIII? Share in the comments below.
LOVE THIS POST? YOU’LL HEART THESE TOO…