FAB UP YOUR LIFE
Bring spring into your room with DIY potpourri
Happy spring! While things are obvi a little different than we are used to right now, it's important to remember that this cheery season serenades us with full-bloomed flowers, tons of warmth and fresh, earthy scents. As a time for new beginnings—and spring cleaning!—brighten your space with the fresh scent of spring. This super easy potpourri DIY is perfect for a *fresh* start.
What you’ll need:
+ Parchment paper
+ Baking sheet
+ Beautiful flowers
+ Sliced lemon and oranges
+ Essential oils (lavender, rosemary orange, lemon, or any other spring scent you like)
+ Spray bottle
1. Preheat your oven at 200˚F. Place the parchment paper on a baking sheet. Gather your flowers and take the heads off and place them on the parchment paper.
2. Add in your sliced lemon and oranges. (You can also add in coffee beans, pine cones, or leaves).
3. Mixed 10 drops of each oil in the spray bottle and mix with a tablespoon of water. Shake it well.
4. Spray the mix over the ingredients of your potpourri.
5. Leave in the oven for 2 hours (check on it every 20-30 minutes). Make sure the flowers don't burn. They should be brittle but not burnt.
6. Once it’s out of the oven, spray the oil mix over the potpourri once more and find a bowl to put it. Now place it in your room and let the spring smell permeate.
What’s your favorite scent? Let us know in the comments.
Tutorial credit: POPSUGAR