8 easy ways to add more exercise to your day
1. Do some chores around the house while you’re on the phone or waiting for a text.
2. Accompany Mom to the grocery store and offer to grab things she forgot—especially if they’re all the way across the store.
3. Play with your pet. Have a cat? Pick up a spare bit of ribbon and run around the house. Dog? Grab a ball and play fetch.
4. Pop in earbuds on the way to your bus stop and play an upbeat playlist. You’ll automatically increase your pace to match the beat of the music.
5. Bust a move while you’re waiting for your food to warm up in the microwave.
6. Jog into and out of the school locker room before and after gym class.
7. Carry your books in your arms rather than on your back.
8. Help Dad bring in the groceries, dry cleaning—anything!—and take as many trips as possible.