Editor Obsession: TV Boyfriends
I can’t be the only person out there with a TV boyfriend. You know, the characters on TV who catch your eye. You just know that you would hit it off (or at least you wish you would!). They’re the small-screen cuties you love!
It makes no matter if you have a real-life BF or not. Because let’s face it. A love affair with your TV boyfriend just isn’t going to happen. Not unless you can magically transport yourself to Fictional Town, USA. But still, having a TV boyfriend makes TV watching ever so much more exciting.
Here are my top 5 TV boyfriends through the years.
1. Ephram from Everwood. He was my first TV boyfriend, and oh, how I loved him and his brooding, piano-playing ways.
2. Logan from Veronica Mars. Not enough people watched this show (run to the store to buy/rent Season 1!). But trust me, bad boy Logan so completely arresting, and his scenes with Veronica are seriously steamy. Sigh.
3. Jim from The Office. You almost feel like Jim could work at some office supply store in your town. He’s the guy you love, and your parents love that you love him.
4. Matt Saracen and Tim Riggins from Friday Night Lights. Again, not enough people watch this show (it’s still on the air. Check it out!). But in addition to impeccable acting and amazing writing, the show features two of the finest specimens of all mankind, on one very awesome show. Matt’s the sweet, sensitive, taking-care-of-his-grandma kind of guy. Tim’s the troubled, lonesome, nobody-cares-about-me kind of guy. Don’t make me decide.
5. A future TV BF—to-be-determined. With a whole new crop of shows around the corner, I’m ready to be won over. Seriously in the running is a guy we’re featuring in the October/November issue of Girls’ Life, Dustin Milligan of 90210. I haven’t seen the show yet, but his hilarious interview knocked all us GL gals off our feet (and hey, the pic is pretty good, too).
So what about you? Are the Gossip Girl guys on your radar? What about David Henrie of Wizards? Who’d I miss? Please, oh, please let me know if you have any TV boyfriends. Surely I’m not the only one, right?