MAKE IT CUTE
20 reasons to love your look
1. You only have one shot to make a first impression, and your ensemble makes a diff about how you come off. Be yourself, smile and your most confident self will shine through.
2. Your signature floral tights or floppy-brimmed fedora might make you stand out in the flock, but wearing the same thing as every girl in your grade is just.plain.boring.
3. Being obsessed by something (be it fashion or football) makes you a million times more interesting. You know the line-up…it just happens to be of this season’s Marc Jacobs models.
4. Killer shoes are a no-fail convo starter. Toss on a pair to a party where you know no one, and get ready for the compliments (read: convos with the coolest girls there).
5. There are no real rules in fashion, so don’t hem yourself in. The only style sin? Xeroxing another girl’s outfit head-to-toe…unless she lives a million miles away. Then, twin it up and we won’t tell a soul.
6. Life doesn’t always present ya with opps for getting dolled up on a rogue Thursday. We suggest you make it happen anyway.
7. Nothing is as satisfying as getting 50 likes on your #OOTD. On the other hand, if you’re the only one to like your look, you might be on to something utterly fresh. Trends have to start somewhere.
8. Loving what you’re sporting is the ultimate mood-booster. Buh-bye, Monday blues!
9. You can use your ensemble to make a very loud statement or a quiet comment—but you’re the one deciding what it’ll say.
10. Stepping up your fashion game forces you to up your confidence. Why, yes, this sweater dress is vintage, thankyouverymuch.
11. Having a uni can actually be rad, whether it’s school issued and paired with tough-as-nails boots or a series of sweet boho chic tunics and leggings.
12. Keeping an eye on the streets, runways and red carpets connects you to art and culture as a whole. Deep, right?
13. Changing your personality is never cool, but having an evolving sense of style is always awesome. One day you can go all prepster and the next day you’re knock-out glam, but you’re still you to the core. Anyone who can’t see that, well, ditch ‘em.
14. Once you know what feels you, it’s totally possible to dress well on a dime. You just might be the only chica searching the thrift store for plum cords.
15. We’re all forever young, but, seriously, go for the crop tops and high tops while you still can.
16. On the flip side? School days mean a lot of your choices are pre-made, so flaunt your creative genius with sartorial scheme.
17. There are way more terrifying things in life than tip-toeing outta your style safety zone. Start small…or just buckle up some towering platforms and go big.
18. Knowing what looks good on your body and committing to it—trendy or not—is totally empowering.
19. Having an impeccable eye means you’ll be the go-to stylist for all your friends, which is a blast. Promise us you’ll be honest, but never harsh.
20. Because on those days when you deign to step out of the house in yoga pants, you manage to pull off elegantly undone. You’re not dressed down; you’re simply off duty.