How to motivate yourself to stay active in a virtual world
I’m normally a very motivated and active person, but with the pandemic pushing everything virtual I've struggled to keep moving and stay positive. If you’re like me, don’t worry—these 5 tips will help you get sweating *and* smiling in no time!
1) Organize virtual video workouts with friends and family: Even though we can’t be together in person, it doesn’t mean you can’t find creative ways to still have workout buddies to hold you accountable. Zoom and FaceTime are *fabulous* platforms to get sweating and catch up with your BFFs.
2) Make a workout schedule and track your progress: Nothing feels better than achieving a new personal best. Set a schedule with timed goals and along with new and exciting workouts each week, try doing the same set of exercises once a week to see if you can do more reps than the week before!
Please keep me accountable on this workout challenge, I always give up half way but maybe having a tracker (and thousands of people seeing this!) will help! 🙈😅 P. S. I am following a 25 days @chloe_t Challenge, it's hard but can't wait to see the results✨ . . . #bujo #bulletjournal #bulletjournalcommunity #doodle #art #bujobeauties #tracker #mood #moodtracker #mentalhealth #positivemindset #goodvibes #selfcareideas #workout #habittracker #fitness #workouttracker #sport #tumblr #bujoideas #monthlylayout #monthlysetup #monthlyspread #rainbow #monthlylayout #weeklyspread #weeklyplanner #weeklylayout
3) Run, walk or hike somewhere different: Nothing gets me out the door like a new adventure. Choose a park or mountain you’ve never been to before and go explore it with your friends and family! (Plus, it's an excuse to pack some *delish* and healthy snacks.)
4) Learn a new skill: Challenge yourself by learning how to bike ride, skateboard or kayak! You never know—By getting outside your comfort zone and trying something new, you may just find your new favorite hobby.
Resilience— the capacity to recover quickly from difficulties ❤️ Never done this but, this is a Repost. Now more than ever this message feels real—whatever happens, we will recover. Fight through it. Be elastic. Stay positive, stay home. Let’s kick this curve 🙏🏼 Sending love and toughness 🌻
5) Try an Insta, TikTok or YouTube workout: It doesn’t have to be boring or long, try a cool new dance or a fitness trend! As long as you’re up and moving your body and mind will thank you!