10 amazing tips we learned from Chloe Lukasiak's Girl on Pointe
Raise your hand if you're in need of some good news today! *raises hand*
Well, you're in luck, because we have the best news ever: Chloe Lukasiak's debut book, Girl on Pointe: Chloe's Guide to Taking on the World, is available at bookstores beginning today.
In the guide, the dancer talks about everything from her time on Dance Moms to following her dreams — and she even breaks down her experiences with bullies and finding self-confidence. Throughout each chapter, she expresses her most authentic self and encourages others to do the same. Like most people, Chloe has faced hard times, but she's never let a struggle stop her from going for her goals. Her "I can do it!" attitude shines through this book and will make you want to take charge of everything in your life, from school and hobbies to boys and friends. AKA: It's exactly the book you need to kick start your 2018 "read more books" resolution—and all the other ones you've set.
Here, 10 tips from Chloe on reaching your goals and living your best life.
1. Write your dreams down. Chloe keeps a dream journal with her at all times so she can express herself and her goals.
2. Surround yourself with people who support you. Cultivating a crew full of family and friends who encourage you — no matter what you pursue — will give you strength and support.
3. Try things that are terrifying. Chloe reveals details of her recent life adventures — and how they've only helped her grow as a person.
4. “Accept yourself. Be proud of yourself. Be kind to yourself.”
5. Turn a loss into a win. Every failed attempt is an opportunity to learn and do better.
6. “Kindness is a superpower.” Being kind is such an easy thing to do, but often we take the meaner route without thinking about it.
7. It’s OK to change your mind. Chloe is constantly psyching herself out about her future career goals, but she's realized it's OK to not have it all figured out at 16.
8. “Find your calm.” Having time to de-stress is a key factor in Chloe’s daily routine, whether that means she's reading a book for her book club or doing yoga for a few mins. It's key to make wellness a priority.
9. Weird is good. Your “weirdness” makes you an original individual, according to Chloe.
10. Be true to yourself. Chloe says her “job is not to change who” she is. Rather, it's to "be true to who” she is.
What's the best piece of advice you've ever received? Share in the comments!
check these out!
you might like these
- To kick off the new year, Chloe's Book Club is going to Go With the Flow this January
- Wanna win a pile of swoon worthy reads?! It's our Books We're Crushing On Giveaway!
- "Sometimes" — an original poem by GL reader Karina W.
- Love a brilliant sci-fi world, non-stop action and just-right touch of romance? Then you'll love Chloe's February pick, The Lunar Chronicles series