MAKE IT CUTE
Up your spa game with these DIY crystal-infused soaps
We *love* crystals—they're super pretty, fun to collect and have tons of healing properties. Feel the same way as us and want to up your crystal game? The latest trend—infusing crystals with other calming and relaxing things—can be accomplished right at home! Try this DIY crystal soap for all the magic and fanciness.
+ Ultra clear glycerin soap base
+ Pyrex measuring cup
+ Soap colorant
+ Fragrance oil
+ Crystal Mica glitter powder
+ Gemstone/jewel silicone mold
+ Crystal of your choice
1. Slice the soap base into cubes. (You can easily cut your cubes with a kitchen knife).
2. Place the cubes into your Pyrex measuring cup and place it in the microwave for 20–30 seconds. Stir and place it back in the microwave for another 20 seconds.
3. When the soap base has melted, add the soap colorant. (Add a drop at a time until the desired color has been reached.)
4. Now add your fragrance oil (8-10 drops).
5. Add your crystal mica glitter powder.
6. Stir until it is mixed.
7. Pour half the mixture into your silicone mold.
8. Place your crystal into the silicone mold.
9. Finish pouring the mixture into the mold.
10. Allow it to sit undisturbed for 30–40 minutes.
11. Unmold your soap.
Viola. You've got a crystal-infused glittery, shimmery soap!
Healthy crystals you can use
Did you know crystals reportedly have health bennefits? Here are our favorites!
Moonstone: Do you need to clear your mind? Try Moonstone! This beautiful little gem, is known for clearing the mind and senses. It can help with sleep and sweet dreaming.
Rose Quartz: If you are feeling stressed this one is for you! Rose Quartz, can bring you healing, comfort and calmness on those tough, demanding days. (Hello, SAT prep)!
Amethyst: Speaking of prepping for exams, this one reduces stress and improves memory! Amethyst, is even known for relieving headaches and tension.
Tiger Iron: How about physical healing? Well, we're glad you asked. Tiger Iron strengthens your muscles, gives aid to physical pain and relaxes your body. If you're an athlete, this one is for you.
What's your favorite crystal? Let us know in the comments below!