FAB UP YOUR LIFE
Craft a DIY flower crown in 6 easy steps
Need a quick and fun weekend activity? Whip up a floral crown for a boho summer look. You’ll be rockin’ your crown in no time, thanks to our cinchy steps.
What you’ll need:
Flowers: Stock up on silk flowers from Michael's (this way, your crown will last forever)
Floral wire and wire cutters or sharp scissors (ask Mom for help)
Ribbon in any size that matches your flowers
What you’ll do:
1. Measure a length of wire around your head to form the perfect sized crown. Wrap the wire around in a circle a few times so the crown is super sturdy. Then cut the wire and twist the ends together to form a circle.
2. Depending on how big your head is and the size of your flowers, choose 6-9 blooms to start off with. You can always add or eliminate along the way.
3. Cut the stem of your flowers approx. 3 inches from the bud. Cut approx. 5 inches of new wire to use for wrapping the flowers.
4. Wrap the stem of the flower around the wire crown until flower is secure.
5. Repeat steps 3 through 4 to attach all of your flowers to the crown.
6. Once your crown is complete, use a pretty piece of ribbon to make a bow on the back of your crown. You can also get creative with the ribbon and intertwine it throughout the crown. Whatever you like!
Source: Erin Moscos via Pinterest
Source: polkadotbride.com via Pinterest