An apple (chip) a day keeps the doctor away
It's common knowledge: Chips are bad for you. Apples are good for you. But apple chips? Well, they're the best of both worlds–delicious and nutritious (and a wayyy healthier alternative to greasy potato chips). Baking the crunchy, cinnamon-y treat is our new obsession, so we thought we'd share our fave step-by-step recipe. Snack on, sisters!
What you’ll need:
- 3 apples
- Ground cinnamon
- Granulated sugar
1. Preheat oven to 200 °F.
2. Line two baking sheets with silicone baking mats so your apples won’t stick to your tray.
3. After you clean the apples, slice them into super thin pieces (if your slices are too thick, they’ll turn out mushy and not crispy–no thanks).
4. Spread your cut apple slices onto your baking pan. Then sprinkle as much cinnamon or sugar as you please–it’s up to you if you want to cover both sides.
Health tip: If you’re looking to cut calories, try skipping the sugar part. We promise they're still amazing with just cinnamon.
5. Bake for one hour, then flip the apples over and leave in for another hour.
6. Finally, take the apples out of the oven and let them cool down for about an hour. This will help them get really crunchy, just like a potato chip. Perfection.
Mmmmm. How'd your chips turn out, chicas? Share in the comments below.