MAKE IT CUTE
The *best* chocolate chip sandwich cookie pops with Nutella
It's a well known fact that Nutella is just one of the greatest things to ever exist. It's truly amazing that all of us are alive at the same time as Nutella, if you ask me. So when we happened upon these chocolate chip Nutella sandwich cookies on Pinterest the other day, we felt beyond #blessed.
These little buddies are the perfect sweet treat to share with friends, or just enjoy on your own (because more for you, duh). Follow the recipe below for pure deliciousness. Enjoy!
- 11 ounces unsalted butter
- 1 ¼ cup dark brown sugar
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg plus, 1 large egg yolk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¾ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ¾ cup ground hazelnuts
- 2 13-ounce jars Nutella® spread
- 16 popsicle sticks
1. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
2. Cut the butter into 1-inch pieces and place in a microwave-safe bowl and microwave for 40 seconds to melt the butter, whisking the butter until it’s fully melted, then allow to cool so not hot.
3. In a large bowl, whisk the brown sugar and granulated sugar together then whisk in the butter until combined then add the eggs and the vanilla. Whisk together until the mixture is shiny and resembles a smooth caramel.
4. In another bowl, lightly toss the flour, baking soda and kosher salt together until combined. Use a wooden spoon to stir half of the flour mixture into the sugar mixture, folding until well combined. Add the chocolate chips and hazelnuts and mix well. At this stage, the dough will be using your hands to bring the dough and chips together if needed.
5. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper. Lightly roll 1 tablespoon of dough in the palm of your hands then break the ball in half and mold back together at the bottom of the ball so the tops are shaggy and spiked with chocolate chips. Place the dough balls on the baking sheet and slide a popsicle stick under the half of the balls of dough like a sucker. Bake for 9-11 minutes, I find 10 minutes is perfect for my oven. The cookies will be puffy when you pull from the oven and will flatten as they cool. Do not over bake so the cookies stay soft on the inside with lightly crisped edges. Cool on the baking sheet for 10 minutes then transfer to a cooling rack to cool completely.
6. Spread the bottom side of the popsicle stick cookies with the Nutella® spread, and top with a cookie that doesn’t have a stick and gently press together and let it rest for 1 hour or allow to sit in an airtight container overnight for the cookies to set. The cookies will stay fresh for 3-4 days in an airtight container.
Do you love these as much as we do? Let us know in the comments below!
Recipe and Photo Credits: foodiecrush.