MAKE IT CUTE
GL CRAFTS: Beadalicious
Always on the prowl for adorable accessories to spice up your wardrobe? Beadalicious by Sonya Nimri is the answer for you! This DIY book is stock full of cute jewelry crafts that are totally unique and fun to do. With a helpful info guide and step-by-step instructions, you’ll have the 411 on how to get the job done right. Look below for an exclusive bonus craft from the book! Just in time for Mother's Day!
*1 pair rubber boots (available at most hardware stores)
*16 fabric daisy appliqués
*Approximately sixty 3-mm yellow seed beads
*Green rickrack ribbon, 1 yard long
*1 can pink spray paint (We used Krylon H20 paint in Rhine River Red)
*Mustard yellow craft paint
1. Spray-paint the boots following directions on the can. Be sure to put down plenty of old newspaper and to do this outside or in a well-ventilated area.
2. Use fabric glue to attach 8 daisy appliqués onto each boot, making sure to cover the backs of the daisies entirely with glue.
3. Place a generous dab of glue in the center of each daisy and pour seed beads into the glue, pressing them down so they sink in.
4. Paint the toe and top trim of each boot with yellow paint.
5. Glue the green ribbon around the top edge of each boot and along the toe line, as shown. Let dry at least overnight before wearing. (These are okay to wear in light rain, but you may risk losing a few beads if worn in a serious downpour.)