FAB UP YOUR LIFE
Gourmet trail mix bars for your perfect campfire fete
GORP—AKA good ol' raisins and peanuts—isn’t so old fashioned anymore.
Check out this glam redo of everyone’s favorite trail mix!
What you’ll need: 2 cups salted, roasted peanuts • 1 cup whole salted, roasted almonds • 1 cup whole salted, roasted cashews • 1 cup good-quality milk chocolate chips • 1 cup dried blueberries • 1 cup dried cherries • 1/4 cup crystallized ginger, finely chopped • 1/2 cup unsweetened, flaked coconut • cooking spray • 2 cups peanut butter • 1 cup honey • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract • 3/4 brown sugar
1. Once you've picked your fruits, nuts and extras (like chocolate chips, flaked coconut and ginger), combine them equally in a large bowl.
2. Spray a 9x13" baking dish with your cooking spray.
3. Mix your honey and brown sugar together in a saucepan over high heat. Heat until your mixture is boiling and stir for one minute.
4. Remove your saucepan from the heat and add in the vanilla extract and peanut butter bit by bit until it's all combined.
5. Pour your mixture over your dry ingredients and stir to distribute equally.
6. Spoon the ingredients into your baking pan and press down in one even layer.
7. Let cool, then cut into individual bars.
Got your own GORP recipe? What do you make sure to include when making trailmix? Tell us in the comments below.