and get our latest issue for FREE!click here
MAKE IT CUTE
Veggie mashed potatoes
What You'll Need:
1 pound potatoes, peeled and chopped into one inch cubes (or you may use instant potatoes)
4-5 large carrots, peeled and sliced into ½ inch cubes
3 parsnips, peeled and chopped into 1-inch cubes
4 stalks chopped celery
1/3 cup heavy cream
6 tablespoons butter
Salt and pepper
Pinch of nutmeg
What You'll Do:
1. Put vegetables in a large pot, and cover with water.
2. Bring to a boil.
3. Simmer for 20-25 minutes or until vegetables are very tender.
5. Return to pot or place in a large bowl.
6. Mash vegetable mixture with a mixer until smooth.
7. Mix remaining ingredients, and beat until smooth.
8. Spoon into a serving bowl, and serve hot.
POSTED IN vegetable, fall recipes, thanksgiving, dinner, healthy recipes