and get our latest issue for FREE!click here
MAKE IT CUTE
DIY cutoffs in a snap
What you’ll need:
An old pair of jeans that fit (preferably not ones with stretch)
Pen or pencil
What you’ll do:
1. Try on your jeans to decide just how long you want them.
2. With your jeans still on, use safety pins to mark the length you want your shorts to be.
3. Take ‘em off, turn them inside out and lay them flat on a table.
4. Using a ruler and pen or pencil, draw a line along where you pinned your pants.
5. Now, it’s time to cut. Holding your scissors at a slight angle, cut along the line you drew, being careful not to cut the pockets. Remember, when in doubt, cut ‘em longer than you think you want them. You can always go back and make them shorter!
6. Toss your shorts into the wash to jumpstart the fraying process along the edges.
Love this post? You’ll heart these, too!
» Easy DIYs to dress up your spring wardrobe
» How to host a fab boy-girl party
WIN BIG! Score a
new shoe wardrobe from Skechers!
Want more ways to get GL? Like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter!
POSTED IN Isabelle Fuhrman, crafts, DIYs, In the mag, April May 2012