5 stress-less ways to spend your extra hour this weekend
The best part of this weekend? We all get an extra hour, thanks to turning the clocks back on Sunday a.m. We’ve got five chill ways to use that bonus hour and — yay! — none of them involve chomping candy or hanging around the house.
1. Catch up on zzz’s. Don’t stay up all night watching TV. Instead, aim to get 9 straight hours of shut-eye. You’ll feel relaxed and refreshed come Monday.
2. Practice, practice, practice. Trying out for a winter sports team? Spend the extra hour upping your skills or playing with your teammates. By the time the season comes around, you’ll be ready for whatever the coach throws your way.
3. Sweat it out. Now that you have more time, you can finally tackle that new workout DVD you’ve been meaning to try, go for a crazy long run with your BFF or check out a new gym in the area.
4. Do a gear check. Take stock of your sports gear and see what you’re working with. Dust off your old softball mitt and toss a ball around with your bro. Inspect your skis and make sure your boots still fit. Donate anything you aren’t gonna use to a local Goodwill. You’ll feel good about getting your stuff in order and helping kids in need.
5. Craft something to give away. Making holiday prezzies is lotsa fun, but if you’re planning on knitting, crocheting or crafting a ton of gifts this season, start this weekend. Even if you just craft your plan of attack (I will knit 3 rows a night from now until Christmas!), it’s great to get a jump-start.