and get our latest issue for FREE!click here
10 Mockingjay moments we can't wait to see in theaters
Spoiler alert! If you haven’t read the books or seen the movies and want to keep it a surprise, do not continue reading below.
10. Katniss' prep team is rescued. Katniss did an awesome job of gaining immunity for her friends and family to save them from Snow and the Capitol. She even saved her prep and makeup team! We can’t wait to see how they doll her up this time around.
9. Katniss and the gang training as rebels. Watching the tributes fight and use their special skills in the first flicks was awesome. Now they’ve got the task of taking over the entire Capitol! They better bring their A-game if they want to impress us.
8. Action scenes. We can only take so much romance and tragedy in one movie. We want action! With crazy underground chases, Capitol vs. rebel battles, and huge explosive attacks, we’re counting on Mockingjay to bring the biggest and best action of the series yet.
7. Effie. We can’t get enough of the spunky, stylish escort and all she does for Katniss and the crew. Although Effie doesn’t play a huge role in the final chapters, we’re excited to see what crazy outfits she steps out in this time.
6. Katniss as the Mockingjay. Being the Mockingjay is tough work—at least it takes more makeup and acting than we’d expect! We’re excited to see Katniss in the propos she makes to support the rebellion, kicking some Capitol butt while still looking awesome.
5. Planting primroses. Losing Prim was one of the most heartbreaking moments of the whole series. Although Katniss may never get over it, she still plants primroses with Peeta in honor of her little sister. We’re ready to see this tearjerker come to life.
4. Katniss killing Coin. The Mockingjay rebels once again, killing President Coin when she’s supposed to be taking out Snow! Luckily enough, Snow dies anyway. But still, we can’t wait to see this intense scene on the big screen.
3. The Capitol. We can’t get enough of the crazy Capitol characters—especially since Katniss and the gang hide out and battle in the Capitol in the final chapters. We’re excited to see their awesome surroundings.
2. Finnick & Annie's wedding. That’s right! The dreamboat and strange District 4 girl totally tie the knot in the final book of the series. We can’t wait to see how the wedding will go in the movie. Will Annie really wear Katniss’ old dress?
1. Katniss & Peeta’s happily ever after. Sorry Team Gale, Katniss totally ends up with Peeta (at least in the book). Suzanne Collins gives us a glimpse of the couple 20 years in the future...married with kids! Will the movie show the happy family as well?
Make sure you see Mockingjay – Part 1 when it hits theaters November 21.
Will you be seeing Mockingjay in theaters? Which scenes are you most excited for? Share in the comments below.
POSTED IN entertainment, movies, The Hunger Games, Josh Hutcherson, Jennifer Lawrence, Liam Hemsworth, Willow Shields